Team Chevelle banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, ( you will see that english is not my primary language, lol )
I have found a 1969 chevelle 300dlx (2drs post-coupe), the owner is an old women of 75 years old. She still have the car since 1968, the car never see winter, rust free, in line six engine, bench seat, cortez silver w/ black interior. absolutely no rust and the interior is top notch.

The informations about 300dlx and post-coupe chevelle on internet are not easier to find than infos about hardtop.

first, If anyone could post me pictures, productions nos, options infos ( SS/300dlx) that will be very appreciated.

second, its not really a question but I want some opinions. this is a one owner car, protect-o-plate, survivor, original paint but bench seat, six cyl and not an SS. Sould I do an SS396 clone with them or keep them orignal ?

thanks and sorry if my english is bad, I do my better to be comprehensible.:beers:

·
Premium Member
4,988 Posts
Bon jour!

I don't know much about the 1969. My 1967 is a post coupe, or two door sedan 300 Deluxe. Several people here have them.

My 1964 is an all original in line 6 cylinder and I intend to keep it as is.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
heres my 300 Series site still a work in progress but im getting there www.freewebs.com/chevelle300 check it out for your info yes keep it original IMO its worth more ;)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks guys, Ryan your website is really nice! I will take pictures of the '69 I am talking about this week and if you want them for your website send me a private message.

·
Registered
4,762 Posts
Welcome to Team Chevelle Vann :waving:

The 300 deluxe post cars are neat. When new, they did not garner much attention as they were low models. Today they very interesting as not many are around and can make a great sleeper car (a sleeper is something with hidden horsepower / looks plain).

Don Lightfoot's website is pretty good info here: http://www.geocities.com/don111ca/

To make an SS clone or not is your decision. It was a possibly option in 69. I say you should build it the way you enjoy it. :) Either way, I say upgrade the 6 cylinder. :D

Oh - it is good that you say the interior is excellent, they are hard to find correct repalcement parts for the interior. The seats, door panels, headliners, sunvisors are all different from Malibu which is what is sold in the aftermarket. My car is a 300 deluxe hardtop and the previous owner converted the interior to all Malibu items :(

Good luck, go and get it!!! :thumbsup:

·
Lifetime Founding Member
14,773 Posts
Yep. Neat cars. Do with it what makes you happy. If it's in good original condition I'd keep it that way but change the drivetrain (I hate 6 cyl's) to appear as stock original L48 300 hp 350 with TH350 trans, and run on 87 octane gas. Appears stock, has some pep, and gets decent fuel mileage on regular.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.