Team Chevelle banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A buddy and I are having a debate about this. I told him about a friend that had a 4 speed car back in high school; my buddy says they were never made. Are they that rare that someone might think it's a unicorn? Just looking for a little ammunition here!

·
Premium Member
3,399 Posts
Dan Carr's poster estimates that there were 216 made, plus an additional 9 L89 (L78 with aluminum heads).

·
Registered
432 Posts
Dan Carr's poster estimates that there were 216 made, plus an additional 9 L89 (L78 with aluminum heads).
Keep in mind the above is an estimate only, as no factory records have been found recording how many engines in a particular body style. I really do not like such estimates, as people end up using them as facts. We hear all the time about the 18 LS6 convertibles were made, because that number appeared in the magazines back in the early 80's. Yet we have seen more build sheets than that. Still the number persists and is used all the time. Make sure if you tell your friends the number, you tell them it is only an estimate.

Jeff Dotterer
Dated Components
Diamond Restored Judge

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.