Chevelles.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone tell me how the headlight switch mounts to the back of the dash? I have the switch and knob but cant tell how it is supposed to mount...

Bubba

·
Registered
32 Posts
Bubba are you having problems installing the switch on the back of the dash with the knob installed or do you have the knob separated from the switch??? I know it seems like a dumb question just trying to clarify....

·
Registered
32 Posts
If the knob is out of the switch then you must then remove the threaded ring that the knob fits through in the front of the switch. It unscrews and will then mount on the outside of your dash. Align the switch from the back and then screw the insert back into the switch from the outside(front) of your dash. After your done re-insert the knob/rod back into the switch (not sure if you will have to or not, but I had to wiggle the little sring button(keeper) on the back of the switch. Hope this helps! I had to replace the knob on my switch last year, and pulled the whole assembly out just to peek...Good luck!

'69 396 that my little girl now decided is tooo loud for her!

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
AHHH, I see. That makes sense, but i dont have that piece that screws into the switch from the outside of the dash.... where can i get that?!?!

·
Premium Member
1,784 Posts
I know OPG carries them for 8.95 (Light Switch Rod Nut -- PN 99L0109)... Didn't see them in Ground Up but I'm sure they carry them. Make sure you put the ground back on when you reinstall.

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It ends up being like 30 for shiping and insurance.... so i just made one, seems to work pertty good.

·
Premium Member
1,784 Posts
Good point Bubba -- I always just wait until I have over 299 to spend on parts to get free shipping.

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I wish i knew about that before i spent $60 here and $70 there, should have just bought it all at once.... but one thing about them is they are always out of stock on about 75% of my order...

Bubba

1 - 9 of 9 Posts