Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Lifetime Founding Member
14,713 Posts
Yes if they're the same body style, like both 2 dr hardtops, but if the 300 Deluxe is a 2 dr sedan (post) body it's a no go. The 300 Deluxe was available in both 2 dr sedan and 2 dr hardtop body styles as well as 4 dr sedan. If both 4 dr sedans yes. On 2 dr the Malibu will have a stainless trim strip along the lower area whereas the 300 Deluxe doesn't. Also if the 300 Deluxe is a 2 dr hardtop and the Malibu is a convertible I believe the swap will work.

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
Yes if they're the same body style, like both 2 dr hardtops, but if the 300 Deluxe is a 2 dr sedan (post) body it's a no go. The 300 Deluxe was available in both 2 dr sedan and 2 dr hardtop body styles as well as 4 dr sedan. If both 4 dr sedans yes. On 2 dr the Malibu will have a stainless trim strip along the lower area whereas the 300 Deluxe doesn't. Also if the 300 Deluxe is a 2 dr hardtop and the Malibu is a convertible I believe the swap will work.

Hey Von - Happy New Year! :waving:

is the hardtop door put on the sedan something that is just an issue of no window sealing? If so could the roof rail have the channel and weather strip added and then something fabbed up for the b pillar weatherstrip seal? Or is there additionally a physical mismatch/interference? I always assumed the door could bolt in and open/close, just not seal to the window. I could be way off though.

·
Lifetime Founding Member
14,713 Posts
Hey Von - Happy New Year! :waving:

is the hardtop door put on the sedan something that is just an issue of no window sealing? If so could the roof rail have the channel and weather strip added and then something fabbed up for the b pillar weatherstrip seal? Or is there additionally a physical mismatch/interference? I always assumed the door could bolt in and open/close, just not seal to the window. I could be way off though.
Back at ya Ron. HNY to you and yours.:) I have no idea if a sedan door could be made to work on a hdtp.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Will a 68 sedan post doors work on a 69 sedan post car?And is the side rear quarter glass the same.If so I'm looking at one for parts.thinks

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts