Team Chevelle banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello , i am proud to be a new owner of a 1969 Copo Chevelle :hurray:. My car is all GM Canada documented . Was off the road since 1991 . Car is original Lemans blue with white bucket interior . Also is a M21 4 speed car . Was sold new at Snyder Automobile Ltd in Quebec . I am posting few pictures for all of you ! :beers: Sylvain

·
Premium Member
7,753 Posts
Is this the same Chevelle that you were trying to buy last July? This one has the best colour combination going bar none. Try to post the GM of Canada documentation. We're all interested. There aren't a lot of these Chevelles around.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hello guys , yes this is the car that got sold that i bought back !! :yes: Include is a copy of the GM Canadian documentation . As far as the striping and 427 emblem ?? i do not know who did those ....the emblem could be original ?? but paint was done in the early 80's Car currently has 576hp on the dyno and runs 10.75 on the 1/4....not bad for the size of the boat !

***Clic on the pictures for a bigger view !!:beers:

·
Premium Member
7,984 Posts
Very nice.

·
Premium Member
7,753 Posts
Three of us bought COPO Chevelles at Beare Motors, Port Perry, Ontario. The other two guys had the Corvette 427 number put on the hood of their cars. Definitely not factory, but did look the part.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hello , it is funny when you are saying that 3 of you bought Copo Chevelle back then because on my side the original owner of my car went to the dealer with 3 friends and they had a package deal on 2 COPO Chevelle and 2 COPO Camaro ! Looks like these cars were bought in batch ha ! ha!

·
Registered
20,389 Posts
nice find.

How much did it set you back, if I may ask?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hello Ricardo thanks for the good word . Car was not cheap and if you dont mind i will keep the buying price for myself .

·
Registered
5,696 Posts
Congratulations Sylvain. Looks like the interior is original. That adds character.

·
Premium Member
1,544 Posts
Hi Sylvain, great COPO car! My car is said to be original LeMans Blue but mine looks darker than yours. My inner doors and under the trunk look very old and I am under the impression the previous owner didn't lie about not repainting my car. And there are some very think spots on my hood and rear. So is it the quality of photo or did Canada use a different batch of LeMans Blue?

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
when you go to paint it again do the same paint scheme i love the stripes the way they are:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
7,753 Posts
No 1969 COPO Chevelles were built in Oshawa, so the paint choices would be the same as any other US built Chevelle. The colour of the base coat can have an effect on the final colour. Base/clear versus the old lacquers and enamels looks different again.

·
Premium Member
17,391 Posts
My car is said to be original LeMans Blue but mine looks darker than yours... So is it the quality of photo...?
Sergio, I have noticed this alot with Marina Blue (similar to Le Mans Blue)... The paint on the Cowl sides and under the drip rail moulding on my '66 look alot different than many cars I see on the internet... My convertible (repaint) was a near dead-on match for the Hardtop "hidden" areas, yet in photos it looks alot lighter than others I see on-line. Not only natural variations and paint qualities (including the metallic in the paint), but also the pictures (lighting, digital/vs film, monitor, etc)...

I LOVE the color combo (Blue/White)... In fact, this thread is helping me decide the combo for my '70...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts