Chevelles.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1969 Chevelle SS 396, Dusk Blue, Buckets, Parchment interior
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where I can buy the "correct" cancel cam turn signal w/tilt steering??
All the cams I have found are the "wrong" ones The wrong ones have a notch for a lock pin wire & spring that connects to the horn buttons. The correct one would have a "tube" with no notch, the horn wires have a ring around both wires that friction fits inside the cancel cam. Any information would be greatly
appreciated !!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Did you try AC Delco directly? Thats where I got blinker switch parts and others, for old tilt steering GM columns.

·
Registered
48 Posts
...I walked into the parts counter at a GM dealership. I find its harder to access everything online. GM charges more but at least I get a good quality part (and 9/10 times the right part).

·
Premium Member
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Did you try AC Delco directly? Thats where I got blinker switch parts and others, for old tilt steering GM columns.
I have tried the local Chevy dealer, actually that's where my car was bought from. They say that their books won't go that far back?? Thanks for the tip though.

·
Premium Member
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
While this is the right canceling cam, OPGI sent one that was entirely different than the one pictured even though it had their correct part number on it?? I was told that the image was just for reference, I replied that "don't you think it would be a good idea to use a part that accurately represents the "actual" part?? Someone like me could get confused and order the correct part based on the photo & still get the wrong part??

·
Registered
1969 Chevelle 2 Door Sport Coupe Malibu COPO clone
5,371 Posts
:cool: I'm sorry OPGI let you down with their substandard "customer service." The part you want is manufactured by Classic Industries under their P/N: W-659-1. Ground Up claims to have them under GU's P/N: ICC-93 @ $16.99. Unfortunately, dealing with GU is always a crapshoot. Speedway Motors claims to have them under P/N: 92611214 @ $14.99 (plus shipping costs of $16.33!). Wal-Mart wants $25.73 including shipping. The Cam is also listed under P/N: ST527TL.

They're out there, good luck hunting them.

·
Premium Member
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
:cool: I'm sorry OPGI let you down with their substandard "customer service." The part you want is manufactured by Classic Industries under their P/N: W-659-1. Ground Up claims to have them under GU's P/N: ICC-93 @ $16.99. Unfortunately, dealing with GU is always a crapshoot. Speedway Motors claims to have them under P/N: 92611214 @ $14.99 (plus shipping costs of $16.33!). Wal-Mart wants $25.73 including shipping. The Cam is also listed under P/N: ST527TL.

They're out there, good luck hunting them.
Thanks, I appreciate the info and all your efforts. I've now waited for OPGI to call me back for three days now!! But I think have found one OEM on Ebay @ 39.00 used, free shipping we will see?? Thanks again
Don

·
Premium Member
13,557 Posts
NAPA has things like that in their dorman trees, good luck!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts