Team Chevelle banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am sorting through the exhaust for the L48 factory dual exhaust Chevelle we are building. Can someone tell me or better... show me pics of what the factory dual exhaust and tailpipes would have looked like for this car? I have searched extensively and been to a lot of websites... can find a clear answer.

So far I believe it would have come with 2" system but what would have the tailpipes location and tips have been? Would the small block dual systems have had resonators? Opinion on resonators?

Any and all help is appreciated.:hurray:

· Registered
1969 Chevelle 2 Door Sport Coupe Malibu SS 396 clone
5,425 Posts
:cool: The N10 Dual Exhaust Option utilized cylindrical Resonators (that look nothing like the ones used on SS396/COPO cars, however they are installed in the typical location) with turned down, non-chrome "tips."

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
:cool: The N10 Dual Exhaust Option utilized cylindrical Resonators (that look nothing like the ones used on SS396/COPO cars, however they are installed in the typical location) with turned down, non-chrome "tips."

Thanks NickeyChevelle the N10 is what I am looking for. 6N10AB Dual Exhaust System $30.55 is how it's called out on my shipper.

I am assuming that is the N10 you posted a pic of on your car? Where did you get it and are you happy with it? How loud is it? I am running Doug's headers and will have electric cutouts directly after the headers. I am thinking of running something like you have the rest of the way back.

btw, beautiful Chevelle, thanks for posting the pics... I love the Nickey cars.

-aaron

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.