Team Chevelle banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Running into a issue with front disc brake conversion, right stuff has brake lines for the front that goes up to a proportioning valve under the brake reservoir. Problem I’m having, I removed the distribution block, but now the rear line that stopped at distribution block isn’t long enough to make it to the new proportioning valve location. How do guys extend the rear line up to the new location? Do they leave the distribution block and plug the other holes and extend from there to the proportioning valve under the reservoir?

·
Premium Member
3,916 Posts
Running into a issue with front disc brake conversion, right stuff has brake lines for the front that goes up to a proportioning valve under the brake reservoir. Problem I’m having, I removed the distribution block, but now the rear line that stopped at distribution block isn’t long enough to make it to the new proportioning valve location. How do guys extend the rear line up to the new location? Do they leave the distribution block and plug the other holes and extend from there to the proportioning valve under the reservoir?
Sounds to me that maybe you are using conversion brake lines or hardware with stock lines. As you know they are not the same.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am, I’m leaving the rear drums so leaving the rear line. So looks like I will have to coupling it and run line on up

·
Registered
1969 Chevelle 2 Door Sport Coupe Malibu COPO clone
5,747 Posts
🖖 Could you post the Kit's P/N so we can see what parts you're dealing with?

·
Premium Member
1968 Malibu sport coupe, 489 ci. 590 hp 600 tq, RV T-400 Freakshow 3200 stall, 3.73 12 bolt posi
9,318 Posts
I wouldnt leave the old dist block and cap other holes off, when I did that conv I also used all new brake lines, maybe a coupling to extend a new pc of brake line to the new dist block at MC?

·
Premium Member
448 Posts
I have one of their 4 wheel disc kits . Their line kit came with a fitting and a length of line to get from the chassis up to the new distr. block at the master cylinder.

You might want to call their tech guy (Dusty or Dustin I think) and find out what you need. They have pretty good support and have shipped stuff to me fast whenever I needed it.

·
Premium Member
3,916 Posts
I am, I’m leaving the rear drums so leaving the rear line. So looks like I will have to coupling it and run line on up
Yes as others have stated give them a call directly and talk to their support. I once bought through a retailer and they screwed everything. They will not sell it but will give you the part numbers that you need for your project.

·
Premium Member
Bill
1,578 Posts
I went through that too. They make a short line and fitting to connect to the old line. I had to call them.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok I will call them, the kit I bought is-
1964-1972 GM A-Body Dual Diaphragm Front Disc Brake Conversion 6472RRH-DUAL
6472RRH-DUAL
Options:
Booster : 1968-1972 8"
Color : Gold
Hose : Stainless Steel Braided (+$20.00)
Proportioning Valve : Disc Disc 4 Wheel
Drop Spindles : No
Rear Disc Brake Kit : No
Year, Make, Model : 1969 chevelle Malibu

1 - 11 of 11 Posts