Chevelles.com banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

Premium Member
I wasn't sure which area I could post this for others to enjoy, so it landed here. These came from a Life magazine dated 1969. A friend of mine gave these to me years ago.

Steve
I also have the second pic, the Garnet Red "two groups" ad. Have that along with several other items on display. Along with a couple unique dealer items.

Bruce, Think ive seen that ad before. That is also a good one.

Reactions: DUKE 69

Premium Member
Who remembers this ?
I have a magazine ad for '70 SS454 that is really close to that in style. Will have to dig thru my collection and see if I can find it. Also have a '71 dealership sales brochure and a '70 dealership sales brochure stashed away. Will have to see if I can find it all and post a couple pics. Love that old stuff. Today's literature doesn't hold a candle to the real thing at all.

Registered
1969 Chevelle 2 Door Sport Coupe Malibu COPO clone

Premium Member
So Dean, your car is famous for being in that advertisement. It sure looks like the same car.

what I would give to go back to 1969 and pick out a new chevelle. Probably get a copo or maybe a yenko.

Hell, I could buy 5 of them for what I paid for mine. Anyone know where that "way back machine" is?
I think Mr. Peabody & Sherman are waiting for their first victim to go back to 1969. Like the sign says, "Danger". Jump in, and while you're there grab some brochures for me. Wait, I have them all (just about)

Attachments

Registered
Who remembers this ?
When I was shopping for a Chevelle in early 1970 Van Chevrolet of Shawnee Mission, Kansas had a 70 SS identical to this red one with saddle interior sitting in front of their showroom (minus the ropes :)).

Premium Member
what I would give to go back to 1969 and pick out a new chevelle. Probably get a copo or maybe a yenko.

Hell, I could buy 5 of them for what I paid for mine. Anyone know where that "way back machine" is?
Me too only thing is I ain't coming back....
:D

Reactions: 1775SS

Premium Member
:cool: From back in the day when it was (apparently) okay to be a bully?
It just says SS396 in that ad and that's how my friends and me would call them.If it wasn't an SS it was called a Chevelle(even Malibu's) and if it was an SS396 we called it a SuperSport.
And none of us ever mixed them up (unless some jerk put SS emblems on one)and then an up close look would weed them out.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts