Team Chevelle banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I'm just questioning myself a little now...

I won an auction on ebay for a 68 sport steering wheel. This one has no cracks in the wheel itself, although does have a couple tiny ones on the back side of the spokes where there is a screw hole. Its one of the best condition ones i have seen. I won it for $225 + $19 for shipping.

I almost feel like I spent too much- but they don't repop these wheels, and my current one is way too trashed to restore (I have about 20 large cracks around the wheel, and 4 large cracks in the base that go down to the metal core)

I know i can make up $20 or so by reselling the metal shroud (i have an great original already)... but anyway, just thought i'd post here and get your opinions.

·
Premium Member
7,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had someone here offer me a restored one that still needed to be painted for $300 but I didn't want the hassle of trying to finish it correctly...

I had expected the auction to go much higher than it did(I would have quit at $250) so I guess when it ended so low, I thought maybe I was missing something.

Thanks! Now i just need to finish stripping and painting my existing shroud and it'll all be ready to go on! :)

·
Premium Member
4,195 Posts
Sounds like you got a good deal. What emblem does it have? I have a small hoard of these steering wheels and shrouds. I have sold the SS emblem on Ebay for $75 or so and the SS396 emblem for $135. Right now I have 8 different emblems for these steering wheel. I sold Bill the steering wheel he mentioned about.
James

·
Premium Member
7,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The wheel i bought doesn't have an emblem on its shroud- seller must have removed it- but my car is a november 67 car and my current wheel has the correct SS396 emblem on its shroud. its in great shape (under the 3 coats of gloss black paint) so i'll use it on the new wheel. I'll probably put my original cracked wheel and this new shroud back up on ebay and see if i can make back a little of the new wheels cost.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts