Team Chevelle banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased this third week of june, 68 (late build) elcamino for parts I need. It looks very original (smog pump, air cleaner, etc.).

What should I document before taking it apart for reference to those who may want the info for restoration of a similar car????

Let me know what pictures, etc. you think I should take before tearing it apart. I will be scrapping the body.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hmmm . . . no replies . . .

It has chalk markings on the firewall . . . 77 . . . I would think locations of brackets, wire ties, just basic things like how it is all hooked up would be worth saving the info for . . . but maybe not . . . I'll just take a few pics and call it good. :confused:

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Van
I am parting the car out . . . I needed some of the parts for another project and I have way to many projects . . .
I just thought maybe the info from this car would be helpful to someone else restoring a 68 chevelle, elcamino, etc. small block car might benifit from the info.

·
Premium Member
19,751 Posts
Not a 68 person but I'd think any photos of survivors would be of value, even those at first thought seem insignificant. Even something like this one from a 67 is valuable - showing different A/C mounting brackets when A.I.R. is used. One never knows what a seemingly oddball photo will reveal later on. Horns, horn relay, voltage regulator, radiator mounting, wire routing, throttle linkage, etc. is all good information to have documented.

·
Premium Member
507 Posts
Van
I am parting the car out . . . I needed some of the parts for another project and I have way to many projects . . .
I just thought maybe the info from this car would be helpful to someone else restoring a 68 chevelle, elcamino, etc. small block car might benifit from the info.
I would try to document everything I could,even the obvious,just in case someday you or someone you know might need it.you can never take enough pictures.
Van

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Van and Dale
thank you for the info on what I need to do with documenting Things. I don't know if itwill be of value to anyone in the future, but I have it just in case.

Scott
I wish!! :D No it is a 3 speed on the column car. I feel lucky to have found this car because it has many parts I will be able to use . . . but not so lucky as to find a car that has considerable value. . . :(

Thanks guys.
Tim

·
Premium Member
1,504 Posts
Sorry it's not my car it belongs to another TC member. Mine is a '70 that is just as rusty but I am slowly gathering bits and pieces. My first car was a '70 so it is kind of sentimental to me. I had a '70 in 1977 and had to repair the floor to get it inspected. Just a small hole about 20 inches square on the driver's side! I still think it is amazing how many cars from the sixties and early seventies have survived because there was no thought given to rust prevention when they were built. A lot of people bought new cars every three or four years.

Paul

1 - 12 of 12 Posts