Team Chevelle banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, the body work is getting finished up and its just about time for paint. I am researching buying the lower trim on my sports sedan and the lower side molding kit for standard malibus because I have seen that they can be shorter and leave gaps? the sport sedan is longer then the 2 doors by a few inches overall.

Does anyone have a source or experience with this issue? My lower trim is almost all dinged up and am doing replacements on just about everything from te dash to windows and fresh paint.

I debating just eliminating the lower trim but I think thats what will be a killer touch to fresh paint, fresh lower trim. TIA

·
Registered
354 Posts
Are you talking about the trim on the lower doors or the rocker panel?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Are you talking about the trim on the lower doors or the rocker panel?
The lower doors. 68 has that trim strip that travels all the way from the bumper down the lower side of the entire car. They eliminated that trim on the 69 so I want to make sure I keep it so those that know the difference can tell =)

They are in bad shape but if I have to have them reworked it is what it is. I've been quoted ridiculous numbers from the 2 shops Ive taken them to locally. Would be cheaper to buy them new..

·
Registered
354 Posts
There is a pair of front fenders and a pair of rear doors new gm moldings on EBAY part no#3937275 & 3937276 fenders
Rear door part#7740803 7740804

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just seeing this now and have been in your situation searching for the door moldings too. Here is a source I stumbled on:
www.steelerubber.com
800-230-5816

They are located in Denver, NC and will send you a catalogue specifically for your ride.

Hope this helps and I look forward to hearing how it turns out for you.

Be safe and stay healthy

·
Premium Member
8,074 Posts
While there are of course differences in the window, B-pillar door post, weatherstripping & glass between the 4-door (69 style) & the 4-doort Sport Sedan (35 style), I can't imagine how or why there would be differences in the lower side moldings you are seeking. O.K., a difference in length for 2-door vs. 4-door on the front door piece, the rear piece is short on the 2-door styles (coupe & convertible), but between sedans & Sport Sedans I doubt there is a difference. Then there is the Concours Sport Sedan which has a different scheme on the side altogether.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts