Chevelles.com banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Title says it all. Same jack assembly for 68 Chevelle and El Camino? Including the hook for the bumper?

Guessing there is a retainer j-hook that is different for El Camino; is that correct?

Thanks for any help.

BTW, I have a very nice restorable black steering wheel from a 68 that I would trade for a complete 68 jack assembly. Can post or send pics if you are interested in a trade.

Thanks in advance for any help.

·
Premium Member
1,178 Posts

Attachments

Reactions: hydro462

·
Premium Member
6,843 Posts
According to the AIM, the hook is the same on all models, but the Elky & wagon jack assemblies have different part numbers. Part numbers for the bolts are different between all.
BillL

·
Premium Member
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How about this? Since there seems to be some conflicting information, anyone have a 68 El Camino with the original jack assembly?

If so, I would really appreciate you posting some pics.

Thanks in advance.

Lynn

·
Premium Member
874 Posts
Since there seems to be some conflicting information, anyone have a 68 El Camino with the original jack assembly?

If so, I would really appreciate you posting some pics.
This is the jack assembly from my '68 El Camino SS that is currently being restored. I believe that all of the parts are original. All finishes are original except for the jack staff which I had replated.

Greg

Attachments

·
Registered
131 Posts
The bumper hook is different for El Camino/wagons for 70-72. Not positive for 68-69.
The hook on my 70 says "For El Camino/Wagon Only"
The J hook should work. Only difference is how the spare tire mounts.

https://www.chevelles.com/forums/35...68-owners-show-me-your-jacks-new-databse.html

https://www.chevelles.com/forums/43-el-caminos/263170-69-elcamino-jack.html
This made me curious about my 70 Chevelle hook. Mine says "70 Chevelle Except WGN and Pickup". I had one set restored that came with the car, and this is one that I got out of a 71 Chevelle.

Mike

Attachments

Reactions: hydro462

·
Registered
136 Posts
hi jack alert! Any photos of the jack and spare tire mounted behind the seat?I am fitting up the carpet and my next move is installing the jack. Thanks

·
Premium Member
874 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
Thanks guys. I always wondered how this went. The one on my 69 is long gone.. Thank goodness we don't have bias plys that go flat every month or so..

1 - 13 of 13 Posts