Team Chevelle banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of a manufacture that makes a middle of the road gas tank? As much as i would like to purchase a Ricks Tank, it is just out of my budget. And your standard steel stamped tank, well you get what you pay for. $1000 for a high performance tank and $150 for your standard, seems like there is something missing in the middle i dont know. Looking for something with a sump and mayby some baffling or foam inside. This is for a carb engine. Currently have a fuel cell and just want to get my trunk back.

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
You can buy a 'stock' tank and have someone install a sump. Seen lots of them. When its cut open you could add some baffles around the sump if needed. Total cost would be way less than $1000. (Till you start adding internal FI pumps, etc) Just noticed your sig "low" so be sure to add skid plate to cover fittings/lines from sump.

·
Premium Member
1,599 Posts

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yes i did see these ones, but functionally it is the same as a stocker. Was hope there would be something in the middle of the road between high perferfomance tank and stocker.

Not sure how much/how difficult it would be to split it up and weld some trap door baffles like suggested earlier.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts