Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,740 Posts
I bought one. I got it really cheap like $150 bucks and figured I had nothing to loose because a dash restoration place wanted a grand. My car did come with AC and gauges with tach and everything fit like factory. I also changed my wifes 71 Camaro SS with gauges and it looks great too. See for yourself
interior pic 2.jpg
IMG_0219.jpg

·
Premium Member
2,740 Posts
I misread your post. I bought my dash pad from Ausley's. It has a steel core and vinyl covering like the factory and very reasonable. I would give it 9 out of 10 but I am pretty fussy. That is the dash pad from them in the pic and it is only sold by them and rumor is Just Dashes makes it but that is a rumor.

·
Premium Member
1968 el Camino SS 396 L34, TH400, 3.55 posi, Factory A/C, P/S, P/B, Remote Driver Mirror,
572 Posts
Just in case you did not see this already. Here is an original one on Ebay if your interested.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you. I already purchased and installed one from Ausley's. A couple of the mounting spots on the driver's side are little off, but nothing that a self tapping screw wasn't able to fix. Otherwise it's a good fit.

·
Premium Member
2,740 Posts
Thank you. I already purchased and installed one from Ausley's. A couple of the mounting spots on the driver's side are little off, but nothing that a self tapping screw wasn't able to fix. Otherwise it's a good fit.
Funny mine fit prefect. If my memory is correct I may have had to drill an addition hole in the dash support. It was either that or whiz it off. I chose the later option.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The posts were all in the right spots. I was referring to the area by the dash instrument cluster that is attached using sheet metal screws.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts