Team Chevelle banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After 2 years of owning this car from a roller orignal 68 chevelle SS 4 spd with no rear end Diff. or front end turned into a begining of a drag car with an automatic or was a complete car and sold all the peices . Car is NoN tubed with 8 point roll bar fuel cell,clutch pedals strapped up in dash. Over the time that I had owned this car I had bought the front end fenders,inner, hood ,new hinges ,springs,new chrome for the hood , 12 bolt 373 and a 2.43 borg and warner super t-10 with a nice hurst comp. plus shifter .New tail light bezels ,lenes , emblems , pypes violator exhaust etc. Well I just dropped it of today at the body shop.I am getting new quarters outer wheel houses any metal works that needs attention all taking care of then topping it off with a tangerine metallic paint and a new black vinyl top with new trim. Iam pumped after going to so many car shows and seeing everybody elses that was driving me to finish mine. I will be powering this car with a 396 that I had purchased about a year ago found out it had a bad cam with a flattened supposedly just shop hours on the the motor (whatever)...Thank God I seen it before it was installed. I picked up a set of hooker super comp chrome like headers for cheap. I measured trans to the rear and had a driveshaft made at a local shop so its starting to come along I will post some pics soon just felt like telling somebody Thanks for listening. Hey if I already have changed the color of this car and its not the orignal motor I think I will leave the roll bar in it however I am getting rid of the fuel cell.

·
Premium Member
681 Posts
Just getting ready to hang my doors tomorrow then off to get new quarters. Cant wait. I want to drive it. Not look at her in the garage!!!! Good luck.

·
Premium Member
15,332 Posts
Sounds like a great project. Got any pics of how it is now or what you started with? Those are always cool to see. Good luck on your quest :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
That's going to be a sweet ride when you're finished.

If you need weatherstrip or a carpet,check out our Chevelles section.There's a link to it in my signature.

Tony:)

·
Premium Member
15,332 Posts
Thanks. I may be adding a rollbar to mine. Seems I got a Blown 540 that needs a home.On the fence about it though (and time is a premium right now). yep 68s with V-tops look great. Thanks for posting the pics :thumbsup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts