Team Chevelle banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK I have read a lot of posts and done search but I am still confused. I need a 68 rear seat. My car originally came with the Buick interior. I found out that the Buick interior has a short seat because the arm rests run all the way to the floor. I also found out that the 70-72 seats ar shorter too. Are the 70 - 72 shorter than, or the same size as the buick interior? Is 68 and 69 chevelle rear seats the only years that will work with chevy interior? Or will a Pontiac or olds one work? I am unsure if they are same as Buick interior. If so then I guess the only seat that will work for me is a 68 or 69 chevy interior seat. Please advise, as I am having a hard time finding one, but I seem to find shorter ones easily.
Thx Bill

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Kool Thx buddy
Bill

·
Premium Member
243 Posts
I haven't checked lately but I was told a few years ago that only 68-69 will work. So save your money until you find the right year. hummm dont be like me and wind up with alot of parts that won't work and other people want for Nothing. I am not being negative but trying to save you some bucks and headackes.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
68 is the only year seat 69 and 70-72 is on its own I had this same question my seat measures with upholstry on her about 57-58". Hey is that the top seat spring? If it is do you want to sell it? Mine is rotted and its broken in a bunch of places.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Pic is of 70 Velle bottom...however owner has two sets of rear seats in my shop...I am sure he would let a top go..probably real cheap too...let me call him and see...remember these are 70 models and it looks like you have a 68 model...I still haven't measured the dang things forgot all about it...my apologies...

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
1970 is alot smaller than mine it wont work i have a bunch of rear seats at my place i have everything but 1968 seats. I have over 500 68-72 Chevelle parts that i need to get rid of.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey 69Convertible, Thanks for the offer. But I am doing an entire interior swap with another member, So I will not be needing one now.
Thanks again
Bill

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.