Team Chevelle banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have come across a 1967 Camaro SS350 RS, originally Bolero Red with a red interior, a 12 bolt 3.08 open and a glide. This is one of the cleanest f-bodies I have seen in a long time, no rust AT ALL none....zilch.....nada, the rockers don't have the typical floor jack rash. It is appears to have never been crashed or abused, car was modified in the 1970's with a Hay's Stinger no longer on it but other than that seems to have no mods. The doors shut so sweet, I even have the car on a two post lift and that did not effect how the doors shut so it does not have any chassis sag (don't think I ever meet a Camaro/Firebird that didn't). It has the a deluxe red interior but don't believe the car was an original deluxe interior because it has the standard steering wheel without chrome. The seats have been recovered and the carpet is new, the door panels are in great shape along with the plastic panels (holding color well) the paint on the interior is OK and the dash pad has turned Tomato soup red same as the painted interior surfaces. Basicly the interior needs minor work. The exterior of the car is in need of the most work, it was a 1970's or early 80's repaint with lacquer then it has been touched up a few spots since then. The reason I believe that the car has lacquer paint is it looks like lacquer chex under the touch ups. Some of the lower body trim is not great but it is all there and the RS pieces are all working well, there is a small chance that the car was converted to RS (rear valance panel looks to have been tack welds unlike GM would do) but it was well done on the front end if it was changed. Original engine is gone (the owner might have it) and it has a overcammed thrown together 383 backed with a 10" converter and a shifter firmer in what appears to be the OEM powerglide (these will go if I get it). Car currently is a power drums and steerings, suspension is not too bad just has old rubber bushing that are showing age but very serviceable right now.

Basicly I have found a really solid clean car that right now is a pretty good cruise night RS/SS350 but would be a awesome basis for a great PT Camaro. What do you feel in todays market this car is honestly worth, it is not anything really special beyond it is a super solid foundation for a great car. I am not a peticular Camaro guy (Chevelles are my thing) but this car a touched a part of me and if I am to get into a 1st gen Camaro with todays market it is as good as it will ever get and they aren't making any new 1st gen Camaros. Any help will be happily accepted.

·
Registered
464 Posts
A rust free running driving 1st Gen camaro can go for 10k and up. Its really only worth what you are willing to pay. You can see whats listed in ebay and craigslist for comparison.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just decoded the trim tag. It appears to be a SS350 (4P) in Bolero Red (R-R) with the Deluxe red interior (742-Z). I'm suprised there is not a code for RS on the Fisher Body tag. Being everything else is as it appears I'm sure that it is an RS.

I have done that price check in those places but the Camaro stuff is all over the place.....20k for junk to 10k for some nice stuff.....Kruse Auctions to me are the best measuring stick cause that is what is being paid for the cars not what the owner thinks it is worth.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts