Chevelles.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the process of swithcing my dash strip on my Malibu to the after market SS strip.

Is there a difference between a Malibu strip and an SS strip? On my Malibu strip, the lights, wiper and lighter are held on by the metal chrome bezel pieces, but this "new" one has them already "built-in". As a result, I can barely get the lights on, the lighter went on without the trim and the wiper won't go on at all. Is there a difference in switches on an SS?

I know this has ben addressed before, (CHADH5), but I could not find a post with a answer.

·
Premium Member
1,133 Posts
Greg, I don't believe there is any difference in the switches or their position from a Malibu to an SS (they use the same metal dash base). What you are most likely experiencing is the crappy fit of the reproduction piece. I just did battle with my 66's reproduction chrome strip yesterday (I did win in the end). I had to trim one of the mounting stud reinforcements and try to shift the piece to one side to split the misalignment in the holes. I still had to struggle to get the lighter in, but I did get it done. Good Luck!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No it is a good part, it is just that the fasteners are different that hold the switches and I can not find them.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have a repro SS dash strip in my 67. Yes the switches are the same, no the bezels are not the same.
Chip parman

1 - 4 of 4 Posts