Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 67 malibu,283 ,3speed saginaw on the column. am installing a 350, with 350 trans. Is there any other auto column other than a powerglide, that will bolt in? I looked at a 66 powerglide column, but dont look exactally the same, I was told that in 67, you could get a ss with a bench seat, with th400, and an auto column, this would be a 3 speed column. Dont know which route to take. Your opinion, suggestions, are appreciated. Thanks!

[This message has been edited by spartagus (edited 02-20-99).]

·
Registered
22 Posts
well not sure if this will be much help but awhile back looking through a resto catalog I recall seeing a TH350 conversion shift detent for a powerglide to th350 swap. may have only been for a floor shift not sure. also the colum will all work correctly except no first gear.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Spartagus, the powerglide column should work fine, you might be able to play with the adjustments to get all 3 forward gears. Good luck.

[This message has been edited by KEN67RAT (edited 02-20-99).]

·
Registered
313 Posts
If I read the post correctly you have a 3-speed manual column now and need a powerglide column, hoping it will work for a TH350. If you find you need a PG column, let me know. I am swapping over to a floorshift type and no longer need my 67 PG column.
John Walker

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
jmw, yes I need a pg auto column, have tried to contact you but have failed. anyone out there close to NC coast who has one for sale please let me know. thanks!

------------------

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.