Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello all anyone know the color of the spatter paint for the trunk, also who would sell the correct color would i have to clear it after the paint drys thanks all

·
Premium Member
872 Posts
Lou, I used Dupli-color Dm109 black & aqua spatter paint. You don't have to clear over the paint. I did my trunk 3 years ago, looks like the day I did it. Don't paint gas tank vent tube.

·
Premium Member
173 Posts
For a larger spatter look buy spatter paint by the quart from a supplier like the Parts Place or I think, National Parts Depot now has it. Buy a spray gun with a large tip 2.3 is great. This produces a product more similar to factory. Here is my 71, same results as a 67 would be.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,507 Posts
Zolatone 20-71 Onyx Black is a dead-ringer for the original trunk color. Prime the trunk first with a dark gray or black primer, then shoot the Zolatone following the instructions EXACTLY.

·
Premium Member
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks guy bought the duplicolor going to do the trunk soon ill let know results as always thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts