Chevelles.com banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
I don't know the prices... but it's a nice looking car... will look so much better with rally's or aftermarket wheels. I'd even consider getting the roof wrapped in white vinyl to return it to stock appearing.

Good luck!
ak

·
Premium Member
Rochester, New York
1,341 Posts
And if you are looking for factory correct; the bucket seats should have metal backs and bottoms. Nobody reproduces them in metal like they came from the factory in 67 although they do sell plastic reproductions. The only way to get correct 67 metal backs and bottoms are to find good used ones - still doable but not very easy to find good ones since the backs are a 67 & I believe 68 only piece. (the 66 metal backs have no button release hole which makes these even more rare; one year only)

·
Registered
11,996 Posts
HAvent read all the responses.....car is screaming for a vinyl top....have a hard time believing he didnt take a set of nicer wheels/tires off already and stick those on. Those havent been made for ages far as I know.

Imo once you get over 30k a resto to me includes mechanicals, not just cosmetics.
The bottom of it better be done proper too not just painted real well. New hardware, lines etc.

Maybe Im out of touch but seems 5-10 yrs ago you saw 40-50k actually trading hands not so much today.
Could be wrong. I do like it though, not often you see a color combo like that (love oddball stuff).
Take a good look in light down the side make sure theres no bondo ripples...#s match personally doesnt hold a lot of value so many of those were blown up within the first couple years.

Did I say those wheels and tires bug me? LOL
Keep us posted.

·
Premium Member
17,449 Posts
$34k sounds like a decent starting price for the seller... Assuming it all checks out. As others mentioned, get under the car and make sure its just as clean, make sure its the correct '67 12-bolt, new brake and fuel lines, etc...

Not sure on all '67s, but the radiator doesn't look correct (check the "stickies" in the "restoration" forum for a 66/67 radiator thread, and look for the correct 67 radiators).

Nothing wrong with a later 12-bolt or the wrong radiator, but I'd use those, and the '68 caprice wheel covers, to negotiate the price down further... maybe even consider asking to trade for some other wheels on one of the other cars located there (if you see something you like).. Can't hurt...

·
Premium Member
11,778 Posts
Guess its a matter of personal preference but IMO a white vinyl top would ruin it. Could use a nice set of wheels.

·
Premium Member
1967 Chevelle SS
205 Posts
Guess its a matter of personal preference but IMO a white vinyl top would ruin it. Could use a nice set of wheels.
So I guess you don’t like mine... 😉

Mine’s painted though.

·
Premium Member
11,778 Posts
So I guess you don’t like mine... 😉

Mine’s painted though.
Doesnt really matter if I like yours. The question is do you like it?
To be honest I am not a big fan of vinyl roofs. Thankfully we dont all like the same things as that would be pretty boring.

Reactions: RAIDER SS

·
Premium Member
1967 Chevelle SS
205 Posts
Doesnt really matter if I like yours. The question is do you like it?
To be honest I am not a big fan of vinyl roofs. Thankfully we dont all like the same things as that would be pretty boring.
I do like mine. And you are correct, it doesn’t matter if you like it or not. But I hope we can poke fun at each other on occasion!

·
Premium Member
11,778 Posts
We are going to see it on Friday so the plan is to put it on a hoist and look under it.
Just curious if you inspected this 67 and what were your findings?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Sorry for the wait, we got home late last night so were unloading and looking over the car further today. Yes that means my father purchased it!

The car was purchased 22 years ago from a guy in Fort Laramie Wyoming. It then has been in Saskatchwan Canada since and was restored from 2010-2015 and has only had 1,500 miles on it since.

The interior of the car is brand new, it is absolutely mint.

The frame, floor/trunk pans and everything underneath looked really good, no visible damage anywhere. I looked closer at all the common areas that rusted, fenders, quarters, rear window, front lower pillars and found nothing. There was a bit of surface rust starting on some areas of the frame and floor pan but nothing that we are concerned about. New suspension, steering components, brakes, bushings, fuel/brake lines, and exhaust.

We cleaned the engine pad and found CE163361 meaning it was a warranty engine replaced in 1971. The Muncie Trans has P7E24 stamped on the passenger side which I believe is a 1967 but I could not see any partial vin unless its on top.

The exterior has all new chrome that is in near mint condition. There are a handful of paint chips and scratches, all things that can be touched up easily. The exterior needs a good polish but I suspect the paint will come out really well after this. The color is amazing, I will try to get some pics up in the next few days once we give the exterior a good cleaning.

And the mystery wheels turned out to be 15 inch and on the back of one of the tires I see "Cyclone" so perhaps they are Ford rims and wheel covers? haha

So overall my dad is pretty excited, too bad winter is arriving and he might have to wait until spring to cruise in it but I am sure he will be spending lots of time in his garage for the coming months. Thanks to everyone for your help on this purchase.

·
Premium Member
11,778 Posts
Congrats on your purchase. I dont believe Ford and GM bolt patterns are the same. Needs some proper wheels anyway. Maybe a couple good pics when you get the time.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Congrats on your purchase, and it sounds like you got a great deal. A nice looking car, but the roof sail panel chrome strips and the cheesy pin striping would be the first to go IMO if it was mine...

·
Premium Member
1967 Chevelle SS
205 Posts
Congrats. Yes, get rid of the sail panel trim or paint the top the correct color! 😎

Either way, welcome to the family and I hope your Dad gets many years of enjoyment from the car!

·
Registered
1971 Chevrolet Chevelle Malibu
7,195 Posts
On the rocker trim what I think may be causing it to jut out is how the bottom of the fender is bolted on underneath. If you notice it starts angling out just after it comes off under the door and hits the front fender. There are two bolts under the fender that if you loosen should let you push in on the bottom of the fender. You may have to loosen the lower bolts on the inner fender to so it has more give. Nice Car !!!!!!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
You bet I think that front fender could be better aligned which could straighten out the rocker trim. I looked under it the other day and thought I saw just 1 bolt but probably the same idea loosen it and see if it can move in towards the front.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts