Team Chevelle banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Members,
Just purchased a 1967 Chevelle SS and want to bring it back to factory. One part I am struggling with is finding an OE like camshaft kit. Any assistance with the vendor and part # would be greatly appreciated.
Scott

·
Premium Member
1967 Chevy Chevelle
1,140 Posts
Cool, looks nice. Dog dishes or what for wheels? Leaving the paint?

·
Registered
5,342 Posts
Reading all this may help you with your quest. There are part numbers and specs.
Welcome.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Comp Cams recommended the recommended K11-670-4 Nostalgia Plus 229/236 Hydraulic Flat Cam K-kit for Chevrolet Big Block 396-454 (LS6 Camshaft) Lunati recommended CamK-Kit CBSM276H12 Hydraulic Flat Tappet for 1967 Chevelle
I have not contacted Crane.

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
If it's an automatic trans, stick with an intake duration of less than 220 degrees at .050" lift.
You can get away with a lot more if it's a manual (229/236 Comp Cams recommended)

The car will be a lot more fun if you build the engine to look original but make 100+ more HP.
It's easy (and costs the same) if you build a 454 (they are identical on the outside) or 496.
I'm using a factory cast-iron intake and quadrajet on a 489. The car says SS396 ;)

Reactions: davewho1

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you - I should have put the engine in the first message. The engine (396 350HP.), trans (manual) and rear are original, thus wanting to bring it back to factory. The list of course is long - date correct carb, harrison radiator, battery (replica), exhaust manifolds, redline tires/steel (painted) rims/dog dish, etc. I will be driving to Spring Carlisle in a few weeks to make a few vendors very happy.

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
I think I still have a used on on the shelf here at the shop.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts