Chevelles.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to remove the dash for my 1967 Chevelle (just got it out of the barn & need to do a complete restore as well as change the interior color). I have tried to remove the dash pad but it seems like there is something keeping the rear of the pad from comming out (toward the windshield). Are there screws back there? I cannot find a good picture from my assembly manual & need to know how to get it loose. The pad is in good shape & I don't want to damage it.

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Ron, after all the screws are out of the bottom, there's still 2 or 3 clips on the top that hold it in place. If memory serves me, you have to push it toward the windshield to get the clips free. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong about which way to move it, but those clips can give you fits.

------------------
Don - Chicago 'Burbs
Yous got a problem wit dat?
'67 Malibu Street Machine
"Under Construction" - Still!
Parts left over = Less weight!
Gold #43

·
Registered
767 Posts
Ron,

I believe it is the same as a 66. Look for 6
screws across the front and then 6 nuts under the dash.

Rick

·
Registered
24 Posts
Ron, My 67 had screws and clips. Not a fun job. You do have to remove the instrument panel, but if you're doing a complete resto, you'll have to do it anyway. Getting the panel out is easier if you take the steering column out first. The "Body by Fisher Service Manual for 1967" has a good crossection of the dashpad attachment. This book was a good investment for me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts