Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, you have a factory gauge cluster (no idiots) and a column shift slip and slide with a bench seat. Sooooooooo, has anyone seen one of those nifty clocks that goes on top of the dash like the z16 in this scenario. The factory assembly guide supports this application, but I have never seen one. I picked a clock up at Carlisle (perfect and works - 15 bucks and a nitroglycerin pill for my near heart attack) and I am thinking about mounting it. Anyone see one in a '66?

·
Premium Member
8,074 Posts
The dash top clock was refered to as the 'universal' clock that could be dealer installed on any Chevy. I have never actually seen one on a '66. That is probably due to the fact that not a lot of Chevelles came with the full gauges, and those that did were generally equipped for performance and had buckets & console (there's your clock location).
I have seen a '67 that had gauges & a bench seat. It had a little barrel-shaped clock mounted by itself on the trans tunnel hump.
Cool find; there aren't many around.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I've seen one - on my 66 SS. I didn't like it & got rid of it when I was a teen. I'm a lot smarter now. I still don't like it but I would NOT get rid of it.

Mike Sibbitt
66 396 SS

1 - 3 of 3 Posts