Team Chevelle banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,751 Posts
I've seen a red KC-built 66 Malibu (13617) with red cloth/vinyl seats with a supposedly original white headliner but I agree with Rich on the SS series, most probably red headliner. At least with red you won't get into arguments over it. :)

·
Premium Member
4,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replies. When I bought the car the interior was stripped. There were a couple of fragments of headliner that were white. I wasn't sure if they were from a backing material or the actual headliner.

·
Premium Member
19,751 Posts
I suppose nothing is out of the realm of possibility. May have been a shortage of red headliner material and white was substituted. Stranger things have happened before with parts/material substitutions to keep the lines moving. I think that without more to go on (e.g., 'before' photos of the headliner), you'll never get questioned if it's put back as red. :thumbsup:

·
Super Moderator
16,199 Posts
I suppose nothing is out of the realm of possibility. May have been a shortage of red headliner material and white was substituted. Stranger things have happened before with parts/material substitutions to keep the lines moving. I think that without more to go on (e.g., 'before' photos of the headliner), you'll never get questioned if it's put back as red. :thumbsup:
The evidence he has may be misleading. The little cloth tubes they sew into the seams within which the metal bows go are made out of white cloth. More than likely, that white cloth is what he is seeing as remnants and it has no bearing on what color the headliner itself was.

Just a thought.

·
Premium Member
4,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
They really are just little bits of cloth, no big pieces.

I just found in the big-ole-pile of parts; red sun visors. No way they would put red visors on a white headliner.

for me this is solved. RED headliner.

thank you all.

·
Premium Member
Central Iowa
2,152 Posts
I just looked at my car again... everything is Red except the sunvisors- they are White!

Sorry, I couldn't help myself...JUST KIDDING !!!

Anyhow, are you going all Red interior? If yes, it will look great!!!

And your exterior color is going to be?
Good Luck

·
Premium Member
4,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I think I'm going to paint the exterior Green ;) sort of a Christmas theme.

Yes, I'm going with red interior and red headliner. Although paint is 2 years away, black is my only thought right now.

·
Premium Member
Central Iowa
2,152 Posts
I think I'm going to paint the exterior Green ;) sort of a Christmas theme.

Yes, I'm going with red interior and red headliner. Although paint is 2 years away, black is my only thought right now.
Mine exterior was originally black and has been black for many years.
Not really to many colors to go with red int...white, silver ,red or black.

When I redo mine, hopefully within the next couple years...
Iam going with red because I have simply gotten sick of taking care of the black and it shows everything...even dust after only a few minutes if you know what I mean?

Black is BITCHEN but is a BITCH period!!!

Dan

1 - 12 of 12 Posts