Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part August's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone recently purchased An Airtex 40193 fuel pump? I see conflicting info on how this is actually made/supplied in terms of the connections. I see one were it states female threads on both the Inlet and outlet. While another states/shows hose connection on the inlet and female on the outlet , as it should be.

My app. is 66 396 325hp chevelle

·
Registered
50 Posts
I feel your pain! I bought one just over a year ago, it was perfect. Then a few months later I bought one as a spare and got that useless piece of crap you are describing. The best solution I could find was a Spectra pump, SP1274MP. The fittings are 100% but it comes with a small spacer plate that goes between the pump and the block which seems a little odd to me. I bought it as a spare when I realized there seems to be no other proper replacement for the original pump.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Seems like many of the sellers have the old picture of the 40193 Airtex in their listing but when you inquire if the picture is correct, the answer always seems to be "no, the fittings aren't the same as the picture".

1 - 4 of 4 Posts