Chevelles.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The position adjustment cable thats under the bench seat came off and I can't adjust the seat. I think it might be broke and can't be reattached. Does any one sell them or do I have to find an original?

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think the cable broke were it hooks up to the passengers side position lock lever[under the seat]. At the end of the cable were it should hook up to the lever it looks like a straight wire at the end. I can see a hole in the lock lever were it should attach. How does that end of the wire attach to the lever lock. I hope this is not to confusing. :confused: Thanks

425 Posts
Been a loooong time since I crawled under one of these bench seats. My recollection is , that there was a single wire that went from drivers track to passenger track. It had flat loops in each end (sort of folded over itself). There was a little mini coil spring that slid from inside portion of wire to lock down and close loop. I think there were a couple of wire hog rings that kept wire off floor and up under cushion. Wire was fed through hole in lever you described.
As stated before, it has been a long time, hope this is accurate and helps.

Karl

·
Registered
101 Posts
I've been waiting to use this one. TRY BAILING WIRE!. Seriously, its just a wire that runs from the pass side slider to the driver side lever. Make it taunt enough to replicate the amount of lever movement you had before. I've done it many times this way, once even used .032 welding wire from my MIG welder!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts