Team Chevelle banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1966 chevelle, 396, 4spd
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cleaning out some of my stuff I’ll never use. What would be a fair price to ask for this console. It’s an original, not a repro. I have 3 clocks, so I’ll give one with the console. Not sure if they work or not, haven’t gotten that far yet. I don’t have the rubber boot for it. Also, is there any demand for the bell housing? What would be a fair price for this also? Thx!!
Grey Wood Bumper Tints and shades Automotive exterior

Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content
Hand Sleeve Gesture Finger Grey

·
Registered
385 Posts
Id see what the repops are going for and then look on marketplace, CL, Ebay, etc and price accordingly.

Reactions: Mdplucker

·
Registered
8,257 Posts
Ok…wasn’t sure. Was with a bunch of stuff I bought 30 years ago. If you don’t mind me asking, what’s the difference between the 2 years. Thx
They are essentially the same console but 67 got seat belt clips mounted to the top of the console. That is what the holes are for in yours.

·
Registered
8,257 Posts
To answer your question on price I would say 250-350 more if you make it complete with a clock and rubber boot and maybe give it a quick paint job and shine up the chrome

Reactions: Mdplucker

·
Registered
5,747 Posts
To answer your question on price I would say 250-350 more if you make it complete with a clock and rubber boot and maybe give it a quick paint job and shine up the chrome
$250 is the price you offer a friend. $350 is reasonable.

The repops are plastic chinese crap & not comparable to an original for anyone building a nice car.

·
Premium Member
17,400 Posts
Cleaning out some of my stuff I’ll never use. What would be a fair price to ask for this console. It’s an original, not a repro. I have 3 clocks, so I’ll give one with the console. Not sure if they work or not, haven’t gotten that far yet. I don’t have the rubber boot for it. Also, is there any demand for the bell housing? What would be a fair price for this also? Thx!! View attachment 725314
View attachment 725315
FYI, that looks like a 67 console.

it’s the same as 66, except it has those 4 holes on the top, for “seat belt clips” which was for 67.

can’t see the condition, but if the chrome trim around the top isn’t pitted, and there are no cracks, probably somewhere around $300-$400.

If you had the chrome seat belt clip, then maybe another $100-$150…. Difficult to fill those holes with the grain pattern…
Ok…wasn’t sure. Was with a bunch of stuff I bought 30 years ago. If you don’t mind me asking, what’s the difference between the 2 years. Thx
the 4 holes on the top are for 1967 seat belt clips.

If you don’t have the clip, it reduces the value (clips are very difficult to find).

due to the “grain”, it’s hard to fill those holes ( nicely)…

·
Premium Member
3,543 Posts
Note that the seatbelt clips did not come into production until approximately March of 1967. Earlier 67's don't have them, just like 66's. But they sure are nice to have either way. Avoids your inner seatbelt always being lost down between the seat and the console! And the clips are reproduced so no biggie if you cannot find the originals: Console, SEAT BELT CLIP, 1967-69 Chevelle/El Camino, 4 Speed @ OPGI.com

GLWS !

1 - 13 of 13 Posts