Team Chevelle banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12,576 Posts
mileage "believed to be original". Does it matter at that age?
I too like interiors that are uncommon colors. Black is fine but its just too common.

Dig the analog gauges on the 65 wish they kept that in upcoming years.

Bid at 22k with 8 days to go. Wonder how this will go?

·
Registered
12,576 Posts
I agree...seems last 5-10 yrs a huge percentage of guys that buy these old cars want working ac
Never thought Id see that trend! Guilty of tossing mine out yrs ago

On the 66-7 radiators the sbc rad. had the cap in the middle, the BB had it offset.
Is that a BB radiator or standard?

Some good tunes, ac dual pot master cyl would be on the list...then put as many miles as possible on it thats what they are for. Nice clean El, Only truck that rides like a car.

Dig the aqua interior...do they make repop steering wheels in smaller diameters for these yet?
Seen them for earlier corvettes.

·
Premium Member
3,633 Posts
On the 66-7 radiators the sbc rad. had the cap in the middle, the BB had it offset. Is that a BB radiator or standard?
That is a factory 65 small block AC / HD cooling radiator. Top hose on the psgr side, with curved inlet neck. Fairly hard one to find.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Looks nice, but I would never buy a car without checking it out in person. For one thing, motor looks awful damn clean for having 44.000 miles on her. There's just too many "less than honest" people in the world today.

·
Registered
12,576 Posts
To even try and hint the milega would be correct imo is a red flag.
Heck when I was a teen (80s)my then boss took me to a speedo shop paid the guy $25 and poof, he had a low mileage car.
This was done so often, speedo cables busted disconnected.

Look close, dude went nuts with a can of spray paint. PS hoses, 1/2 the windshield washer pump etc.
Is it just detailing sure. Half azz yep. Covering up stuff who knows. At least do a clean job
That stuff makes me run away 'course I dont trust the sun coming up lately. LOL

If youre going to do something esp wtih a car youre asking $ for do it right or leave it alone.
Unfortunately most will miss details..a guy who is buying his first old car...or someone who has been away from it many yrs.

Vehicle Hood Motor vehicle Car Automotive design

1 - 8 of 8 Posts