Team Chevelle banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking I will probably sell my wagon. It was originally a 283 and 4 speed. The son of the original owner pulled the engine and trans to put it his 64 impala and sold it to me as a roller. I put in a good running 327 with World Products heads, rpm intake, cam, headers, HEI. A T-10 trans with Hurst shifter. Rebuilt the front suspension, new brakes, fuel line and cleaned out the tank.
I put a pair of buckets out of an SS Chevelle. It has the original paint, surface rust on the roof and the bottom of the spare tire well is the only rusted through area. The interior isn’t great, original door panels etc. No 3rd row seat. Clean title in my name.
I’ll post a couple pics but I don’t have them on this computer.
What do you think for a basic value range? Thanks for any thoughts!

· Registered
174 Posts
I can’t offer good value advice but man I love 64/65 Chevelle wagons! I really want one someday and your location looks like you’re pretty close to me too. Ugh!

· Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry Rich. I should’ve included that it’s a 4 door.
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Land vehicle

Were there 2 door Malibu wagons produced?

This is the only shot I have of the car on my phone. It does run and drive but I was hauling it on the trailer when I was moving

· Premium Member
1966 Chevelle SS396
1,396 Posts
Cool wagon! Yeah, there were two door wagons(at least in 64 and 65). I used to love to watch this guy's 65 two door wagon yank the wheels off the ground at Osceola Dragway about 25 years ago.

· Premium Member
Ryan
1,773 Posts
That’s an awesome car. Hopefully someone turns it into a family hauling street MONSTER. So cool.

· Registered
5,900 Posts
A '64 Malibu 4 door survivor wagon with 58K miles (white with a red interior) sold on ebay about 5 months ago for about $25K, but the original paint was in much nicer shape than yours, plus the interior looked immaculate. (not picking on yours, just stating facts). It was a a matching numbers 283/PG car, so in this case yours might be more desirable for many buyers with the 327 4speed.

I think Devin is in the ballpark here. I'd list it at $16,500 & see what kind of offers you get.

· Registered
4,460 Posts
Cool wagon! Yeah, there were two door wagons(at least in 64 and 65). I used to love to watch this guy's 65 two door wagon yank the wheels off the ground at Osceola Dragway about 25 years ago.
Any pictures? There are so few two door wagon drag cars, they're almost non existent.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.