Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have always wanted a 64 ragtop, but this one is rough. It is a matching #s car with 283 and I believe powerglide. It needs a top, interior recovered, floors replaced, 1/4 panels replaced, the extensions of the fenders are gone. I think the frame is good. The engine has been rebuilt and runs great. Assuming the transmission is a powerglide and frame is in good condition, what should I have to pay to get it?

------------------
Mike
formerly known as gotapileof70Malibu
'70 Malibu
'70 Malibu convertible
North Vernon, IN

·
Registered
339 Posts
I would think it would sell pretty cheap. 1000 dollars? Good that it's pretty original, better if it were a higher performance car. Lots of work and money to get it right. From an investment standpoint, probably not a worthwhile deal, but as a labor of love, can't be beat. I like those early models, especially the ragtops. tom

·
Registered
76 Posts
If the car's in a yellow barn in Martinsville, IN - watch out for the inner rockers. I looked at a 64 convert. in that area and the inner rockers scared me. Sounds like the same car. He was asking about $2200 for it and wouldn't take less than $2K. I figured it MAY have been worth $1200. He's had it a few years, maybe you can get it right if you don't mind all the reconstruction you'd have to do underneath.

Good luck.

------------------
Jerry Acheson
Indianapolis, IN
64 Malibu SS 327 PG/PS/AC

·
Registered
7 Posts
Mike,
I have a 1 owner 1964 Malibu convt. with 32,000 miles. It has power steering,
power brakes, power top, power windows.
283, auto. It is Daytona Blue with aqua
interior. Car is top shape and I am thinking about selling the car. Price will be around $13,000. If interested let me know. I am located in Cape Girardeau, MO.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.