Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
1964 Chevrolet Chevelle Malibu 4 door
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

When trailering my project home the back window fell out. We checked all the trim, lights, etc and removed all loose items. Never checked the back window..

I have a replacement I'm going to install, but figure I should get the trim clips in place first.

The paint job is not good. Whoever did the job didn't remove the old clips and looks like they may have bondo'd over some of the holes. I have an irregular spacing/qty of clips.

Does anyone have the right placement or qty? I've looked through my assy and service manual and can't find any mention of it.

This is what I've got at the moment:

Thank you,
Jeff

Premium Member
Don't worry too much about position of the clips. Finding solid metal to mount them in is. AuVeCo has screw in studs and clips. The factory has plenty clips, but you can get away with less. justclippsauto.com also has clips.....

Steve O.

Registered
1964 Chevrolet Chevelle Malibu 4 door
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Don't worry too much about position of the clips. Finding solid metal to mount them in is. AuVeCo has screw in studs and clips. The factory has plenty clips, but you can get away with less. justclippsauto.com also has clips.....

Steve O.
Thank you for the reply. I ordered a clip kit from OPGI before I posted this, hoping they'll work. The justclippsauto you posted is a defunct website now.

I'm a bit out in the field as this is my first classic car. Don't worry too much about position of the clips doesn't help! ;) I'm not doing a concourse restoration but at the same time I want this to work and not have problems on down the road.

My question should have been: Does anyone have the correct orientation for rear window trim clips? As far as spacing, where they should be around the window, etc. Right now there's a handful of clips, some look factory, others look like someone put them in odd spots. I just need to know where to install clips or where to look for screw holes so I don't have trim flying off as I go down the road.

Thank you!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts