Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need your advice - can someone give me a "low" and a "high" range of values that my 1960 El Camino might be worth? Here is it's general condition:
* 327 Corvette motor (hasn't been started in 15 years; would require a good deal of work to get back into shape mechanically)
* Factory 4-speed manual
* Dealer add-on a/c (with the Chevy bow tie)
* All trim present and accounted for, dented here and there
* No brakes
* Bench seat in fairly good condition
* Headliner wasted
* Painted last year (obvious rush job)
* Appears fairly rust free
* Some beauty marks here and there, but no major body damage

I hope I've provided enough information here. Can someone please tell me what the low and high value of this truck might be, in it's current condition? I've checked in Hemmings, and found that El Camino's of this genre, that are NOT running, generally go for $500-600. Then I heard that the 4-speed manual transmission and a/c unit might make it more valuable. Any guidance you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

·
Registered
38 Posts
What your car is worth,depends on alot of things,including your location,,,A car like yours in CA. might be worth1800.00,where in Chiit .would be worth,maybe3000.00
The car you described sounds like my 70 el camino,, what i paid in CA. for it,,ill get three times as much in Chi.(with a little elbow grease)

------------------

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good point - I'm in Bakersfield, Ca. Would you say that $1800 might be a high value or a low value?

Thanks for you help.

·
Premium Member
1,626 Posts
Prestage-
I would ASK somewhere between 1500 and 2500 OBO in CA for you Camino given that it has to be towed with no brakes. I've never seen too many 60 Elky's in So. CA for sale that is why I would consider 15 to 25 for an asking price for your Project car. 1800 sounds good for a as low as I go kinda price.

------------------
Steve
64SS-327-4spd

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.