Team Chevelle banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,924 Posts
If its a repro why would someone admit its a repro while put an outragoeus price on something like that? I dont get it, another individual needing to put down the crack pipe. Even if its a discontinued part, thats still just insane.

For the record. The Corvette in 53 (and 54 also I think) did not come with a V8, they were all 6cyl. engines. Thus the single valve cover in the auction.

·
Registered
657 Posts
This whole E-bay thing is nuts.... :wacko:. It all started by selling off old unwanted parts you had laying around the garage or shop to some one who was in need of it and make a few buck to boot. Now it's become a big money making business, it's really sad, don't get me wrong your intitled to make a buck but come on!!!
The one thing I've noticed over the last year is some seller are selling their wares, new, for more money then the catalog vender are selling them, and it's the same stuff.. a Grant 3-spoke walnut steering wheel from NPD $124.95 ---- E-bay seller (same wheel) "by it now" $189.95 What am I an idiot?....And you got the amatures who know nothing about car parts selling junk for big $$$ and stating their rare, you ask them a question and they can't answer it
Sorry for the RANT but it's getting nuts.............:sad:

·
Premium Member
17,924 Posts
That is why people should start buying repro parts and flooding Flea-pay with them and make the supply go up and drive the prices down. Might as well beat them at thier own game.

·
Registered
5,972 Posts
For that kind of coin I think I'd gather up all the free inline sixes that people throw away and snatch one from there.....

I will agree Ebay is insane.......but I will admit once I sold a pair of Chevelle door panels on there for more than I paid for them......only because the buyer ran the bidding up to $172 yet he didn't know the same ones sell new thru Ausleys for $124 (I think that's what I paid for them)....

Not everyone does their homework before classes.....

·
Registered
657 Posts
Your right on target .......... Do Your homework, Make sure the part is correct and what the item is selling for, New, Used, Repop or NOS. There are many venders out there and the prices do vary as well as shipping charges.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts