Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had given my daughter my old VW CC to drive and she never really cared for it. Personally, I would have been thrilled to get a car like that when I was 17, but she really wanted a truck. I told her if she could find something that was equivalent in price that we could sell the VW for I'd be OK with it. She found this for $7600. Did the deal yesterday. I figure many on this site will appreciate her taste vs a VW. :laugh:

Its a 2004 Silverado 2500HD with the 6.6 turbo diesel. Its pretty solid. Paint looks better in the picture than it really is, but its pretty good for the money. The original owner is supposed to drop off the original grill.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,074 Posts
I loved my VW Passat wagons but I've got to admit your daughter has style. Nice truck. If she's got the room for it there's a lot you could use it for.

·
Registered
1964 Chevrolet Chevelle Malibu 4 door
2,036 Posts
I'm glad for her, but man, but why does a 17 yr old girl need a 6.6L diesel 4x4?

·
Premium Member
12,716 Posts
I'm glad for her, but man, but why does a 17 yr old girl need a 6.6L diesel 4x4?
Why not if gas mileage isn't an issue. Agreed they don't make good commuter vehicles but seeing as how it's heavier duty than a 1500 I say good move.

·
Premium Member
1,206 Posts
My 21 year old daughter prefers my crew cab Silverado when she goes out with her friends. She says her Camry is "my work car".

·
Premium Member
7,230 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
I love my 04 Duramax. Some LLYs are prone to overheating so make sure she knows to keep an eye on the temperature gauge.

·
Premium Member
1,415 Posts
Title misleading, I was hoping for a 67-72:smile2:
I agree. a 2004 is not an old truck. My everyday farm truck is a 2005.:yes:

·
Premium Member
7,230 Posts
I love my 04 Duramax. Some LLYs are prone to overheating so make sure she knows to keep an eye on the temperature gauge.
Could be a LB7.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts