Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is an odd one, I've been thinking of a wheel tire combo for my Chevelle and have this question to ask. First, I'm building my car to drive it ie. disk brakes,pwr steering, B-car spindles, Global upper control arms,Hotchkiss sway bars, ect. I like the performance of the newer low profile tires and I've seen these on the 68-69 body style
and, with the proper wheel, look great. But I'm also going for the resto-look , repainting to factory colors ( maroon over black) and like the factory appearance of rally wheels. Has anyone done or seen 17' rallys on a Chevelle?? and how would they look?
I know Wheel Vintiques can build me a set but before I lay out the cash a little imput is needed.

Thanks, Rich

·
Premium Member
5,068 Posts

·
Registered
813 Posts
I agree. Though i've never seen 17" rallys on a chevelle, i've seen them on first gen. camaros, and they are very nice.
I say go for it.

-Matt

------------------
1971 Malibu 350/TH350 (383/700R4/12bolt in the works)
"DRIVE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT!"

CAR

ENGINE

·
Registered
25 Posts
I think it will be sweet. I currently have a set of 16" rallys from wheel vintiques and love the look (16x6 front, 16x8 rear)

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Guys,
Your input is appreciated. I'm stongly considering the rally package
as soon as I can figure out I'll post some pictures of my buildup

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
I know I am going against the grain here but I would not put 17" rallys on anything. If they were done right it would look great but the only ones I have seen are a 15" rally center welded in to a 17 " outer hoop. They
look terrible in my opinion. It is the same way with the crager SS wheels. They have offered them in 17" for several years now but they were just a 15" center welded to a 17" hoop. Now that they have redesigned it it to a true 17" wheel it looks 1000 times better.
my .02

------------------
78 Malibu
still a turd but now with a new 383

67 Wagon
project soon to be LT1 / 4L60E / 12 bolt posi daily driver

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.