Chevelles.com banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody found 17 inch white letter tires. I found 17x8 and 17x9 Cragar ss wheels at Summit. I like the originals because the spokes are bigger and you don't see so much rotor. I can,t find white letter 17 any were. If any body knows please let me know and were to buy them. `I am planning on running 265/55-17 on the rear and 235/50-17on the front. I appreciate the input. billjl

·
Registered
324 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
17's and white letters is kind of oxymoron. Similar to putting 20's on a lead slead.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Not sure what you mean by that but here's a couple of pics of my old 17's on my Volvo with the white painted letters, 215/45-17, one is the BF Goodrich Sport and the other is the NItto NeoGen... I imagine it would look even hotter on a beefier tire!

By the way, the paint held up pretty good during the winter months but did need a touch up after it was all over!

·
Premium Member
3,026 Posts
I painted the 17's on my '70 a couple years ago and it looks awesome, sadly though it gets dirty easy and wears off too fast. I wish the tire manufactures would start making them with raised white letters just like the 15's.

The only pic I could find is a crappy one from my cell phone.

·
Premium Member
3,026 Posts
Thanks Bill, it photographs well I guess:)
The paint is in bad shape and it's a cheap paint job from Macco I think. They didn't even paint the jambs:( It is a dark blue with a slight amount of metalic, but I'm hoping to go back to the original Lemans blue some day. The pics above where from my cheap cell phone but you can see the big improvement the white letters make compared to the pic in my sig.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts