Team Chevelle banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Gokou:
I'm going to convert my alternator to a 12SI tomorrow in preparation for electric fans. I've read the tech archive but still have a few questions.

I know I run the #1 terminal to the positive terminal on the battery, the Bat terminal to the battery, and the #2 terminal to the idiot light (brown wire I think). Is the wire for the idiot light at the existing alternator connector, or at the external voltage regulator?

The way the tech reference article shows you connect the two wires at the regulator. The reason you do this is the old regulator connected those two wires inside. When you unplug the regulator you break that connection.

After wiring the new alternator up to the idiot light wire, do you simply unplug and remove the external voltage regulator and insulate the now unused wires at the old regulator connector?

Sounds good. You can take the regulator out or leave it in as long as it's unplugged. You do know you have to change the alternator connector? The old one won't plug in.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

[This message has been edited by John_Muha (edited 09-20-2002).]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts