Team Chevelle banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
17,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
say your selling a running driving chevelle, imagine a same car with a 12 bolt posi vs 10 bolt open. Think the price would change much?
I'm thinking of the next project is going to be a 55 to 57 chevy truck. it'll end up 5 lug so I can run my centerlines. If a project does materialize 1 of the chevelles gotta go. both have rebuilt rears, new axles, rebuilt posi etc.
so why not throw a cheap 10 bolt under it and keep the rebuilt 12 bolt for the truck? It'll save me a bunch of money not to have to buy a rearend for the project. jim

· Premium Member
2,100 Posts
say your selling a running driving chevelle, imagine a same car with a 12 bolt posi vs 10 bolt open. Think the price would change much?
I'm thinking of the next project is going to be a 55 to 57 chevy truck. it'll end up 5 lug so I can run my centerlines. If a project does materialize 1 of the chevelles gotta go. both have rebuilt rears, new axles, rebuilt posi etc.
so why not throw a cheap 10 bolt under it and keep the rebuilt 12 bolt for the truck? It'll save me a bunch of money not to have to buy a rearend for the project. jim
Are these cars SS's?
If not, go for it.

· Registered
17,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no ss, the 70 is dressed up like a ss, the 66 still has malibu emblems on the rear quarters. If the 66 goes, ill probably pull the blower, stick a 4 barrel on jt with the stock hood, maybe put the bench seat back in and keep the buckets. The buckets were recovered last summer, again it would save me the headache of sourcing seats for the imaginary truck project. Drop the sb400 with a 144 blower, th350 12 bolt, 66 chevelle bucket seats. classic centerline auto drags.
Jim

· Premium Member
Rochester, New York
2,347 Posts
no ss, the 70 is dressed up like a ss, the 66 still has malibu emblems on the rear quarters. If the 66 goes, ill probably pull the blower, stick a 4 barrel on jt with the stock hood, maybe put the bench seat back in and keep the buckets. The buckets were recovered last summer, again it would save me the headache of sourcing seats for the imaginary truck project. Drop the sb400 with a 144 blower, th350 12 bolt, 66 chevelle bucket seats. classic centerline auto drags.
Jim
If you are pulling all this stuff outta the 66 - you are already dropping the value of it. So removing the 12 bolt also isn't going to matter, as it will be absorbed in the lower car value as well.

Reactions: Shane 69 Hugger

· Registered
17,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
will do. but I have to find a truck project first. There is a really sad looking 67 el camino for sale. I've got a soft spot for el caminos, just not sure I want to give up my chevelle for a el camino. jim

· Premium Member
10,449 Posts
If you routinely drive around with more than 2 people than get the ElCo or pickup truck for that matter out of your mind. Meaning if you use the back seat of your Chevelle a lot than forget the El Camino and think about a 55 Chevy Bel Air or a 55 Nomad ..... yeah !!!

Reactions: 123pugsy

· Registered
17,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I've always loved el caminos. I've had 64 to 72 except a 65. I've got a 70 chevelle and a 71 camaro with back seats. jim

· Registered
17,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
it was $ 2200 pretty rough, I emailed the seller back and passed. I just listed 4 of my kick start trikes on my wife's Facebook (I don't have fb) and decided to see about just selling the trikes. Keeps me from starting these trikes just when my knee recovers.
maybe skip a new toy and look for a electric start quad or a 250sx trike (electric start!).
jim

1 - 13 of 13 Posts