Team Chevelle banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
am looking to replace the 10 bolt in a 71 chevelle with a 12 bolt. anyone have any leads on where to get one without having to buy new all the way.
thanks
batch

·
Premium Member
2,659 Posts
Just about any swap meet will have 12 bolts for sale.........just bring lots of $$$$$$$$.

Figure at least $600-1200 for a complete rear.

------------------
"Details Make the Difference"
Musclecar Restoration and Design

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Rick. My son is going to Super Chevy show in a couple of weeks. 600 to 1200 is still better than 2000

·
Registered
13,320 Posts
Believe it or not, they are still out there for bargain prices. I just removed one from a 71 Elky in a salvage yard for $75. No, it's not a posi and it is not a desireable gear ratio. But good used gears are readily available and new 12bolt posi units are reasonable. Both can be added later as the budget allows.

------------------
Tom Parsons

·
Registered
372 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DZAUTO:
But good used gears are readily available<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
I've got some 12 bolt gears, 3.36 or 3.23s, (I'll take a look tomorrow). Anyone in the Vancouver, BC area who wants to pick them up, send me an e-mail.
[email protected]
PS This don't belong in parts for sale. I'm trying to clean up some of my stuff and am tired of seeing them gather dust. They're free, IF they're going to a good home.

UPDATE - Gears say 13 43, calculator spits out 3.30s...

[This message has been edited by 67 GTO (edited 05-06-2001).]

·
Premium Member
19,751 Posts
I've got a 2.79 gear 12-bolt that fits a 69 and later. I pulled it from my 67 about 3 weeks ago when I replaced it with a narrower 67 rear end.

More info and pictures at http://www.dalesplace.com/forsale/for_sale_3.htm

------------------
Dale McIntosh
TC Gold #92
ACES #1709
www.dalesplace.com
Restore it or customize it, but drive it and enjoy it!

[This message has been edited by Dale McIntosh (edited 05-06-2001).]

·
Registered
430 Posts
Just to make you jealous
I was given a parts car (read free!) And what do i find a 12 bolt 3.42 posi in good shape! Couldnt find one anywhere when i had my big block 68 now that its gone i stumble right on one. Going to save it for a later project. But the point is you never know what u might find cheap, just keep lookin!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Chevymad- Are you suuure you don't want to get rid of your 12 bolt? It's just sitting around taking up space and gathering dust.

·
Premium Member
693 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Dale McIntosh,

It says in th epost it's 69+. On the web page it says 68+. Offhand I'm just wondering cause I get the years the widths changed mixed up on some of em.

Tony
'68 Chevelle 400

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.