Team Chevelle banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Gold Founding Member
3,799 Posts
Hi Mike,
Yes, but it is not as strong as a Chevrolet 12 Bolt.

· In Memoriam
66 El Camino 57 Chevy pickup 2004 Tahoe
25,548 Posts
you might need one of those adapter u-joints.

you realize, right, that the BOP 12 bolts are not the same as Chevys as far as internal parts? there's not much that interchanges inside the housing.

· Administrator
17,816 Posts
Thanks for the info. I would only be using the Buick 12 bolt for the housing only & rebuilding it from scratch with new internals. If I did that there would be no difference in strength correct?
No ,as said the internals are different from the Chevy type 12 bolt.
The BOP has 12 bolts on the cover but 10 bolts on the ring gear so nothing interchanges.
Here's the part's list for the O-type rear - http://www.jdrace.com/Rear_ID/12bABodyOlds.htm

· Gold Founding Member
3,799 Posts
Hi Mike,
A Chevrolet 12 Bolt is stronger than a Buick 12 Bolt.

· Administrator
17,816 Posts
Hi Mike,
A Chevrolet 12 Bolt is stronger than a Buick 12 Bolt.
Didn't say the BOP was stronger ,it was a response to :

Thanks for the info. I would only be using the Buick 12 bolt for the housing only & rebuilding it from scratch with new internals. If I did that there would be no difference in strength correct?
And i said
No ,as said the internals are different from the Chevy type 12 bolt.
The BOP has 12 bolts on the cover but 10 bolts on the ring gear so nothing interchanges.
Here's the part's list for the O-type rear - http://www.jdrace.com/Rear_ID/12bABodyOlds.htm
Don't see where I said the BOP was stronger ,so I'm not sure what your referring to.
Sorry for the mis-understanding.

· Gold Founding Member
3,799 Posts
Sorry Mike, I was replying to the OP, mpucillo79 who is also Mike.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.