Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the need of an axel for a 68-72 12 bolt. I got a rear end but one of the axels is shot, I looked in my Hollander and the exchange was 68-72 Chevelle/El Camino, 70 Camaro/Firebird, 70-72 Monty Carlo, and 71-72 GMC Sprint (all 12 bolt only). I found a 69 Cutlass with a 12 bolt and was wondering if there was anyway to use an axel from it. I would like to find one so I dont have to pull one out of the rear I have in my car now, thanks for any and all help

------------------
*Chris Mellow
*1970 Chevelle Malibu 355/TH350 Pearl Blue, Chrome Ralleys
*"Well all I'm saying is that I want to look back and say that I did it the best I could while stuck in this place, had as much just as I could when I was stuck in this place, played as hard as I could when I was stuck in this place, dobbed as many chicks as I could when I was stuck in this place!" Don: Dazed and Confused

·
Premium Member
9,798 Posts
I think that the BOP axle has a different wheel bearing type that will not interchange. If you are interested, I have a pair of 12 bolt shafts (one OK, one shot) that I have no use for. Email me if you want a smoking deal on one or both.

·
Registered
274 Posts
If it's a true olds (O) type rear it will not work. The canadian built olds from 67-70 had the chevy 12 bolts. The olds style has totally different internals as I just installed a 12bolt O type rear in my chevelle. I would like to buy the ujoint straps for the pinion yoke if your willing to sell them. RandyB..

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was afraid that it would not work, I will go and get it tomorrow morning just so I can have an other 12 bolt, plus the price is right
JWagner, I may be interested I will keep it in mind but this it already costing a few $$s so I will hold on, maybe this summer I will email you red2rider, email me in a couple of days so we can make an arangement if you really are wanting to get them, I will make sure that they are good, the car was stitting on the ground for a long time with no tires or wheels so they may be rusted pretty bad, but email me and I'll tell ya Thanks guys for the help

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.