Team Chevelle banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've picked up a used 1050 Dominator and it has one metering block with blank idle mixture holes. The other metering block is as normal with the two idle mixture screws.

Would this be some sort of modification?

Why would it be done?

Or has someone just put the wrong metering block on it?

Thanks,

Col.

·
In Memoriam
66 El Camino 57 Chevy pickup 2004 Tahoe
29,419 Posts
post the list number off the air horn. there's a bunch of different models of Dominator, need to figure which one you're working with here.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
You sure the screws just are not in there? I have myself never seen a dominator that wasnt 4 corner idle.

Shawn

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I put a torch down it and it looks like blanks. I can't screw in new ones, there is no thread and nowhere for it to go.

I'm puzzled???? Anyone have a spare 4500 metering block? :)

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
Could possibly be the wrong metering block. There should be another number off the carb that would match a part number like 8896, or 8082, or 9375 or something like that.

·
In Memoriam
29,419 Posts
you need the list number off the carb to make make any decisions on this. Some Doms have intermediate idle circuits, some don't. some were made to run on individual runner manifolds where's no plenum at all. if you get the wrong block it won't work. Did you ever look over the existing metering block to see if there's a usable number stamped into the bottom?

·
In Memoriam
29,419 Posts
on the horizontal surface of the air horn there will be a number, I think it should on the drivers side. It may start with an R as in R6214 or R8896 or just be a four digit number. sometimes there's a dash followed by a single digit like 8896-1. this number identifies the model of the carb. We need this info to say anything meaningful about the metering blocks. without knowing the carb model it isn't known wherther it's 2 circuit or 3 circuit carb. the metering blocks are different.

·
Registered
6,264 Posts
Mike Fuedo is correct, you have one of the original list #4575 Dominators and the one i have in front of me has no secondary idle adjustments either. They have extended air horns that stand about 3/4"-1" above the main body of the carburetor. It seems to run just fine as is. I haven't used it in quite a while but it ran well when i used it last. The actual list # is directly across the carburetor housing from the number you gave us. The one i have here says 192 and below that it says list 4575, on the top of the carb, above where the idle speed adjustment screw is located.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.