Team Chevelle banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
18,902 Posts
well, $100 will buy you a cheap set of headers..
but then you have to spend $300 more on exhaust to match those headers.
or you could buy a 4 barrel intake- but then you need to buy a carb and all the other things to use that, too.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Do yor sef a favor.....get a book from year one or NPD....look at all the cool stuff....make a list of wants....then take that list a sit with your car, really really look it over and find ONE project that she might need....look at the list and SAVE UP.....to start and FINISH that particular project. Don't bounce around to different items.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Maybe a K&N open air filter? Some will say K&N suck but I've been happy with mine and it can be had for less than $100.00 but I totally support BlackBetty's suggestion.

·
Premium Member
9,919 Posts
used nos system.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Save it along with any other money ya save until you can get what ya want, not what people tell ya to get. Heck, you know your car and what it needs.

Good luck :beers:

·
Registered
368 Posts
if it was me id get a quality filter like a k&n that flows good get some good oil and a filter on and in it some new plugs wires and some gas and have fun for the day. looks nice and stock and really well taken care of . yep thats what id do and after you get it all done then you can take the time to plan your next move. 100 dollars isnt alot to work with and a new filter plugs wires and oil should wake up a couple ponys for you.

·
Registered
579 Posts
im with black betty save that money, put towards want list.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
1. Save up and get something you really need.
2. Sensible cam swap (nothing too crazy or your car will be worse than when you started.)
3. Cheap headers
4. Add a few bucks and get an aluminum intake
5. One of those cheezy fake things off of ebay that you attach to your hood to make it look like you've got a huge 6-71 roots style blower, or some "type-R" stickers from pepboys. j/k

·
Premium Member
1,157 Posts
How about a good pair of motor mounts and a good transmission mount? Solid or Poly?

·
Premium Member
1,157 Posts
On second thought, how about some 327 flags for the front fenders?

1 - 20 of 37 Posts