Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I was just wondering how many of you are running 10 bolts and how much horse power you are running through them. My Chevelle has a 12 bolt but my 88 Monte Carlo has a 7.5" 10 bolt and I'm wondering if I'm pushing the envelope a little. anyway here goes:

~300Hp 350, 200r4 no shift kit stock stall, 7.5 10bolt

·
Registered
9,703 Posts
Your Monte has the 26 spline axles. The '90 and later 7.5 has 28 spline axles. You are probably close to the limit with what you have. The new Eaton posi should be stronger than what you have now, but I don't know of any 28 spline axles that will work in your car. The late model Camaros with the LT1s and LS1s also have the 7.5 and they seem to handle it pretty well. I don't think they would last long with good traction.

·
Registered
982 Posts
Seen them live under 12.0 passes in a 406 SS, and seen them break in a 14.0 Regal.

No facts......just pot luck

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys,
Sorry about the non chevelle question..
Anybody know of any donor cars that have lika a 8.5 inch that I could swap rears with?

·
Registered
982 Posts
Also the 442 and Hurst Olds cars are 8.5 rears with 3.73 instead of 3.42...your gonna pay up for it though$$$

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.