Team Chevelle banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive been reading some threads were some guys are using 1.7 and 1.8 rockers on BBC

I dont want to sound stupid im still learning, but what are the pros and cons?

Bill

·
Premium Member
6,172 Posts
Pros: shorter tire life
Cons: expensive.

If you have heads that can move the extra air, go for it. Be sure you have the piston to valve clearance.

·
Premium Member
3,958 Posts
1.7 is the stock ratio.

1.8 is non-stock but will add more lift to your cam and POSSIBLY give you more power. It can be used as a tuning measure to see what the engine likes. You can add them to either intake or exhaust or both to see what it likes. Be sure you have the clearance to run them!

·
Premium Member
27,555 Posts
Buy the right cam and you don't need anything but a 1.7 BB rocker. ;)

·
Premium Member
27,555 Posts
Bill do you just run the factory stamped ones?
With .760" gross lift? :noway: Used to run Comp's Pro Magnum rockers.
Just bought a set of Jesel Comp shaft rockers.

·
Premium Member
3,536 Posts
If you have the p-v clearance, and want your cam to be less agressive, it is the way to go to add lift.

·
Registered
14,244 Posts
It has shown to give more power under most circumstances. But, an expensive upgrade, and will lower the valve float threshold, especially on a HR cam, which already has enough to deal with. Not sure about the long term effects if any.

G

·
Ive been reading some threads were some guys are using 1.7 and 1.8 rockers on BBC

I dont want to sound stupid im still learning, but what are the pros and cons?

Bill
We use 1.8 rockers on the intake all the time to get more net lift at the valve, but mostly on roller cammed engines, I dont use them on flattappet cams because of the extra load it puts on the cam lobe, but again check your clearance, both intake valve to piston, and coil bind. Good luck!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.