Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just picked up some alum. roller rockers Erson, and they are 1.6 (got em dirt cheap) but im wondering if they will actually increase my lift too much??? i compute (if i did it right) 470lift cam would be around 502
is this too much for my set up at 9-1 compression daily driver and what about the springs?? http://members.aol.com/jnkb2cool/roller.jpg

------------------
members.aol.com/jnkb2cool/chevelle9.jpg members.aol.com/jnkb2cool/350.jpg
John Krenn
1970 malibu SS look-a-like well kinda
307/200-4r (soon to be 355)

Ft.Worth, Tx

G

·
The only thing you would have to worry about is the valve hitting a piston. And in your case that would be higly doubtful. You shouldn't have any problems.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Probably need to check for coil bind on the springs, and the higher ratio does move the push rods down in the slots on the heads. Have to insure they don't actually rub as this will bend/break push rods. Usually the 1.6 rockers don't cause trouble and give noticeable power increase from what I've seen.

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hey could i check coil bind by installing them and turning it over then use a feeler guage between the springs?? jk

·
Registered
341 Posts
Yup, that's about it. Do one valve only and check it as it opens. Need to have around .015 between each coil minimum I think. More is better. Should double check this figure though as it is important.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.