Team Chevelle banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have seen many of you guys use Photobucket and other online storage web sites and always have scratched my head wondering why.
Most of you probably don't know that the current web host (like Comcast) allow you to store video and pictures on their servers.
Example:
How much disk space does the Personal Web Pages service provide? . Comcast Personal Web Page service provides 1GB (gigabyte) of online file storage space. One GB is enough space to store several hundred files such as pictures, music, videos, etc.....

Another option is to have your own server space. I pay $5.95 a month and have I believe 100 GB of space, maybe more. For $14.95 a year I have my own IP address (www.jddracing.com)
So here is how I work it. jddracing.com/images and the all my sub directories after that.
Trust me, it is easy and I can dump as much crap in there as I want. I always limit the size because I know that there might still be someone on dialup service.
If you have a computer and you are online, then you are most likely not using the online storage you are allowed.
Hope this helps......

·
Premium Member
5,675 Posts
You're right Jim. I hadn't even thought about using Comcast personal webpages for photo storage. Sometimes the obvious stuff gets overlooked.

I went through www.godaddy.com and bought www.BillsTrappingService.com and created a really simple website for my dad's business a couple of months ago. I don't know why but I was surprised when my mom called and they were actually getting calls from people stumbling into the website, when we haven't even advertised it yet.

I still want to make him a vinyl sign with his web address for the back window of his canopy. I went to a place locally I'd used years ago for race car graphics and they wanted $175 for two lines of text. That seemed kind of expensive so I opted to shop around.

Thanks again for the ideas for hosting and storage.:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
1,670 Posts

I still want to make him a vinyl sign with his web address for the back window of his canopy. I went to a place locally I'd used years ago for race car graphics and they wanted $175 for two lines of text. That seemed kind of expensive so I opted to shop around....:thumbsup:
Greg,
Check out JavaSigns
Under $50 for a 48x10 two line vinyl stick on window letters sign. Free Shipping, too.

Dan

·
Registered
7,577 Posts
If any of you have Cox Communications as your ISP, they have gigs webspace allocated for each account as well.

I've been using it for a while. If you download a program like PageBreeze you can set it up to look like a webpage instead of just a place to hold data.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts