Chevelles.com banner

General Information

Year
1967
Make
Chevrolet
Model
El Camino
Color
Factory color was Granada Gold. Someone painted it
Packages
V8 Custom 327 & Power Glide. Now has a 327 & TH350
History
Purchased in May of 2016. The guy I got it from bought it in 2003 and put less then 3000 miles on it.



The car didn't run when I bought it. With some help from my cousin and a few parts, we were able to run it enough to load it on a trailer and bring it home.

Since then I have done a complete re-wire of the entire car. Got the engine running as it should. Along the way I built a 1 wire 10S1 Alternator and installed a HEI with adjustable vacuum advance. The U-joint have been replaced as have the
1967 Chevrolet El Camino (Factory color was Granada Gold. Someone painted it)

Modifications

Drivetrain
The previous owner removed the damaged 327, then with a 68 block built another engine to 327 specs with a Edelbrook Cam, Lifters and AirGap Intake. The TH350 has been rebuilt at some point with a very firm shift to it. He also converted it to power disk brakes and 2" drop spindles.

The car didn't run when I bought it. With some help from my cousin and a few parts, we were able to run it enough to load it on a trailer and bring it home.

Since then I have done a complete re-wire of the entire car. Got the engine running as it should. Along the way I built a 1 wire 10S1 Alternator and installed a HEI with adjustable vacuum advance.
Interior
The interior is toast. Dash is salvageable and for the most part un molested. Someones attempt at patching up the floor pans didn't turn out as well as I would like. So eventually that will be tackled.
Exterior
Going to need some patch panels and some TLC but want to get all the mechanical stuff in order first.
Audio
None as of yet.
Suspension
The previous owner converted it to power disk brakes and 2" drop spindles. I don't care for the drop spindles and will be looking for a set of stock height spindles and new springs to install.

I replaced the rear brakes, hardware, wheel cylinders and rubber line. The Master cylinder was leaking so I replaced that as well. The combination valve was gummed up and jammed one way. So I dismantled that, cleaned it up and put it back on. Brakes work great now.

Gallery

Comments

There are no comments to display.
Top